“Skimm This” is a weekly news program that breaks down important stories from the past week and adds context and clarity to answer the questions on your mind. Every Thursday evening.
Subscribe to this podcastOpen in app
Guess Who’s Back: SCOTUS Returns, NFL Controversy, Twitter and Musk
- First: We’re giving you the context on this week’s biggest headlines, including: Biden’s latest move on marijuana, what to expect from the new Supreme Court term, an update on Hurricane Ian recovery efforts, and the anti-regime protests in Iran.
- Then: Just when you thought you’d had enough, the internet’s most toxic couple is back on again. We’ll Skimm the messy love story between Elon Musk and Twitter, and why they’re eloping for real this time…in 60 seconds.
- Next: The NFL is in the headlines again and – spoiler – it’s not for good news. After the Dolphins’ QB suffered what appears to be two head injuries in back-to-back games, the league’s sketchy history with head injuries is back in the spotlight. We'll break down where the league stands on concussions and how their policies have affected players from the big leagues to high school fields.
- Finally: Voice memos are somewhere between a text and a call. But, like crafting the perfect text, there’s an art to it. We spoke with an etiquette expert on the do’s and don’ts of voice memos. So you can still record your thoughts without starting a new podcast.
On this episode, you’ll hear from:
- Leslie Scism, news editor, The Wall Street Journal
- Lindsay Jones, senior editor, The Ringer
- Skimm HQrs: Sophie, Kat, Cameryn, Melanie, Irina and Andrew
- Elaine Swann, founder & CEO, Swann School of Protocol
Want more Skimm?
- Sign up for our free daily newsletter
- Email us your questions about what’s going on in the news right now
- Subscribe and leave us a review wherever you get your podcasts
Skimm'd by Alex Carr, Will Livingston, and Blake Lew-Merwin. Engineered by Andrew Callaway and Elie McAfee-Hahn. TheSkimm’s head of audio is Graelyn Brashear.